HI and Thanks for listening to episode 16 of the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast! We have had a very common theme with all the guests we've had on so far. Everyone has all said paying attention to all the small details is one of their main reasons for being a successful weldor. Rush Kane had said 95% is the prep and %5 is the welding. When you see his work you know he can't be wrong. We wanted to really dive into this theory and explain how we Sweat the Details on our jobs and with our welding. This mindset can be very important and really step your game up to the next level in welding. Sometimes it can be as simple as stepping back and thinking about what to do before doing it. So download this episode, hit play, drop your hood, and Enjoy!
Like what you hear? Would you like to help support the Welding Tips & Tricks Podcast? We now have a page over on Patreon. You can be Patron of our podcast at many levels and rewards for those levels. The three of us love helping the welding community but there are costs involved in producing it. Go over to www.patreon.com/weldingtipsandtrickspodcast
and become one of our Patrons. Every dollar helps and we sincerely appreciate it.
Jonathan, Roy and Jody
Remember to subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform and leave us a comment. It really helps us out in the ranking on iTunes! Our goal, with your help, is to be the best educational podcast for the trades on all platforms. We really appreciate all the support we have been getting and it helps us keep moving for with this podcast!
Show times and Notes
- 0:00-0:42 Introduction
- 0:42-1:54 What is Sweating the Details?
- 1:54-3:06 Details for Tig
- 3:06-6:58 Having your own setup
- 6:58-9:38 Wire brushes
- 9:38-10:35 Separated shop
- 10:35-12:45 Clean the edge
- 12:45-13:34 Do the steps needed
- 13:34-17:34 Do your job Right!
- 17:34-19:00 Chemical cleaning
- 19:00-22:17 Details for Aluminum
- 22:17-24:48 Cleaning your wire
- 24:48-26:48 What is Etching?
- 26:48-29:27 Ultrasonic cleaning
- 29:27-30:34 Exposer rates
- 30:34-36:02 Details with Mig and Mill Scale
- 36:02-37:01 3M Bristle Brush Wheel
- 37:01-38:44 Know the end results
- 38:44-40:26 What is DA Grinding?
- 40:26-41:18 Managers never understand
- 41:18-43:27 Time in a Can
- 43:27-46:13 Right wire size
- 46:13-47:01 Jonathan's details
- 47:01-55:42 Changing your liners and tips
- 55:42-56:34 Doing your own Liner Pull Test
- 56:34-59:02 Down and Dirty Tip
- 59:02-1:02:26 Clips the wire or not
- 1:02:26-1:03:32 Take care of the shop you're in
- 1:03:32-1:04:19 Watch the scratches
- 1:04:19-1:06:13 Welding on a Table!
- 1:06:13-1:09:30 Getting a good ground
- 1:09:30-1:10:41 Boat owners
- 1:10:41-1:11:55 Stick Details (ICWeld Tips)
- 1:11:55-1:17:29 Wrapping it up
- 1:17:29-1:18:30 Closing
Thank you to our Sponsor!
Thank you Welder's Coffee for sponsoring this episode. If you have not tried Large Time Fab's Welder's Coffee you need to give it a go. Every order is roasted after it has been ordered for peak freshness and flavors. So head over to to largetimefab.bigcartel.com
and order a pound or two! You wont regret it! YOu can find him on Instagram at @largetimefab
Be sure to tell him Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast sent you.
Where can you find Us?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/
. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldors for Weldors so that you can listen to Weldors talk about Welding while you're Welding!
Podcast music can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UyYZ85Tiw
Doctor Vox -Endgames Royalty Free Download