Hi and Thank you for listening to episode 14 of the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast. We have received a few really good emails asking for more basic Tig welding information, so why not just help the Lunch Time Learners out. We really tried to put our learners caps on and break Tig welding down to the basics. We all started knowing nothing and there's many of you out there in that same boat. Hopefully you new guys can pick up a few great tips in this podcast and for the seasoned weldors we hope it will inspire you to help out that new guy at your shop learn the ropes the way someone helped you. So download, hit play, drop your hood, and enjoy!
Remember to subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform and leave us a comment. It really helps us out in the ranking on iTunes! Last checked we were 126 of the top Educational podcasts on iTunes. Our goal, with your help, is to be the best educational podcast for the trades on all platforms. We really appreciate all the support we have been getting and it helps us keep moving for with this podcast!
Show Times and Notes
- 0:00-0:41 Introduction
- 0:41-1:33 GTAW or TIG
- 1:33-2:12 Scratch Start Tig
- 2:12-4:35 Machines to start with
- 4:35-6:09 Types of Tig Machines
- 6:09-9:12 Lunch Break Learners
- 9:12-12:41 What is Tungsten
- 21:41-18:41 Tungsten size and Selection
- 18:41-21:08 What metal to start with?
- 21:08-21:36 Cleaning the metal
- 21:36-23:05 Starting beads
- 23:05-25:17 Learning the puddle
- 25:17-29:10 Muscle memory exercises
- 29:10-29:48 Save scrap to practice on
- 29:48-31:23 Jody's learning curve
- 31:23-32:21 Aluminum is different
- 32:21-33:12 Arc length
- 33:12-34:54 How aluminum sounds
- 34:54-35:32 Three things you're doing wrong YouTube
- 35:32-39:19 Gas lens?
- 39:19-42:24 What melts what?
- 42:24-43:19 Rod baling up
- 43:19-43:59 Use the right rod size
- 43:59-47:46 Tig gloves
- 47:46-59:35 Helmets
- 59:35-1:03:16 Setting your amps
- 1:03:16-1:05:41 Making a decision
- 1:05:41-1:06:13 Your own handwriting
- 1:06:13-1:08:15 Doing the same thing
- 1:08:15-1:09:58 Wrapping up
- 1:09:58-1:10:49 Closing
Where you can find us?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldors for Weldors so that you can listen to Weldors talk about Welding while you're Welding!