Hi and Thank you for listening to episode 17 of the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast. For this episode we had the pleasure of talking with Jason Moser from Moser Fab. If you're not familiar with Jason's work you need to check him out of Instagram @Moser_Fab. We had a great time hearing about Jason's past and plans for the future. So hit download, pop those earbuds in, hit play, drop your hood, and enjoy.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform and leave us a comment. It really helps us out in the ranking on iTunes! Our goal, with your help, is to be the best educational podcast for the trades on all platforms. We really appreciate all the support we have been getting and it helps us keep moving for with this podcast!
Like what you hear? Would you like to help support the Welding Tips & Tricks Podcast? We now have a page over on Patreon. You can be Patron of our podcast at many levels and rewards for those levels. The three of us love helping the welding community but there are costs involved in producing it. Go over to www.patreon.com/weldingtipsandtrickspodcast and become one of our Patrons. Every dollar helps and we sincerely appreciate it.
Jonathan, Roy and Jody
Show Notes and Times
- 0:00-0:36 Introductions
- 0:36-1:54 Instagram name change
- 1:54-4:20 FabTech Meeting
- 4:20-6:27 What got Jason started
- 6:27-8:42 Jumping off point
- 8:42-10:56 Instagram is Humbling
- 10-56-11:59 Really never know
- 11:59-14:05 Make it look Cool
- 14:05-15:22 Always learning
- 15:22-16:13 Equipment Jason uses
- 16:13-19:27 Plasma or Flame
- 19:27-20:35 Average thickness
- 20:35-21:07 Dual Shield Fluxcore
- 21:07-24:49 Certifications needed
- 24:49-26:35 Approaching a job
- 26:35-27:34 Repeat repairs
- 27:34-28:41 How did you do that!?!
- 28:41-29:36 Moser Fab
- 29:36-31:24 Tig welding copper and brass
- 31:24-35:35 Different types of work
- 35:35-36:39 Favorite type of work
- 36:39-37:57 Pulser
- 37:57-40:47 Aluminum Spool Gun
- 40:47-47:01 Jason dislikes
- 47:01-51:06 Best advise
- 51:06-51:42 Different processes
- 51:42-52:20 #WeaveWednesday
- 52:20-56:27 What got Jason onto Instagram
- 56:27-59:27 Fun outside of work
- 59:27-1:01:40 The podcast
- 1:01:40-1:03:13 Full time Moser Fab
- 1:03:13-1:07:44 HR Looking at Social Media
- 1:07:44-1:09:16 Replacement
- 1:09:16-1:11:15 Eye opener for new weldors
- 1:11:15-1:13:00 Tips on positioner work
- 1:13:00-1:13:48 Wrapping it up
- 1:13:48-1:14:11 Where to find Jason
- 1:14:11-1:15:05 Closing
Thank you to our Sponsor!
Thank you Welder's Coffee for sponsoring this episode. If you have not tried Large Time Fab's Welder's Coffee you need to give it a go. Every order is roasted after it has been ordered for peak freshness and flavors. So head over to to largetimefab.bigcartel.com and order a pound or two! You wont regret it! YOu can find him on Instagram at @largetimefab Be sure to tell him Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast sent you.
Where can you find Jason Moser?
Where can you find Us?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldors for Weldors so that you can listen to Weldors talk about Welding while you're Welding!
Podcast music can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UyYZ85Tiw
Doctor Vox -Endgames Royalty Free Download