Hi and Thank you for listening to the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast. This is episode 11 and we were very happy to have Alex Brown or @Cavemanwelder on with us. We had a great time chatting with Alex and hearing about how he got into welding along with many other things! If you're running a Dynasty you really don't want to miss this episode. So download, pop those earbuds in, hit play, drop your hood, and enjoy!
Show Times and Notes:
- 0:00-0:50 Introduction
- 0:50-2:35 Wide weaving
- 2:35-4:09 CIWI
- 4:09-7:18 What's really going on
- 7:18-11:45 Back feeding wire
- 11:45-14:58 Learned from our backgrounds
- 14:58-17:26 Alex's background
- 17:26-20:11 Speeding up the learning curve
- 20:11-21:33 Weekend Job
- 21:33-22:30 Fixture table
- 22:30-23:55 Knowing how good you might have it
- 23:55-24:30 Basic table in school
- 24:30-25:25 What machine are you running?
- 25:25-25:53 End user knows more
- 25:53-29:05 Alex's keys to the Lambo
- 29:05-30:01 High speed pulsing
- 30:01-30:59 Pulse on Pulse story
- 30:59-31:43 Stiffening the arc up with HSP
- 31:43-32:45 Mosquito buzzing in your ear
- 32:45-33:53 5,000 PPS
- 33:53-35:58 Miller Vintage Truck
- 35:58-36:44 Pulsing is a game changer
- 36:44-38:02 Type of field Alex works in
- 38:02-39:40 Longer stick out V's Micro Torch
- 39:40-40:07 Any side work?
- 40:07-40:51 Favorite type of work
- 40:51-42:23 Dislike any jobs?
- 42:23-43:06 Different types of work Alex would like to learn
- 43:06-45:13 DC Straight Aluminium
- 45:13-47:15 Bad Helium
- 47:15-48:00 Job Stresses
- 48:00-48:48 Wearing many hats at work
- 48:48-52:02 Rod Burners V's All in Weldors
- 52:02-53:34 What is "Super Missile"?
- 53:34-54:33 Wens Lens
- 54:33-57:29 Pipeliner Mod
- 57:29-58:19 Welding Fail Video
- 58:19-1:00:33 Pipeliner Headgear
- 1:00:13-1:02:29 Best advise given
- 1:02:13-1:04:42 Jody's teachings and Mentality
- 1:04:42-1:05:42 Learned outside of welding school
- 1:04:42-1:06:43 Alex's advise to better a beginner
- 1:06:43-1:08:41 Ideal employee
- 1:08:41-1:09:18 Outside of work fun
- 1:09:18-1:12:54 All in Weldors
- 1:12:54-1:13:46 Anything Alex would like to add
- 1:13:46-1:15:16 Where can you find Alex and Thank you
- 1:15:16-1:15:56 Closing
Where Can You Find Alex?
Where you can find us?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldors for Weldors so that you can listen to Weldors talk about Welding while you're Welding!