Hi and Thanks for listening to episode 12 of the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast. We wanted to talk about something we feel is very important within our trade that being safety. If you've been in the trade for any amount of time we're sure you've sat through a few boring made up safety videos. Sometime they can be very eye opening but most of the time they're just silly, to be kind. In this episode we talk about our experiences with safety from things that have happen to us personally or has been close by. We can work in a very dangerous environment when we're not paying attention, so we ask if you are listening to this at work please be careful and mindful of your surroundings. So download, pop the earbuds in (maybe just one), drop your hood, and enjoy!
Show Notes and Times:
- 0:00-0:41 Introduction
- 0:41-3:20 Disclaimer
- 3:20-7:12 Oxy Fuel Safety (RBO)
- 7:12-10:39 Jody's stories from class (x2)
- 10:39-12:30 Jonathan's story (x2)
- 12:30-14:26 Smith's Demo
- 14:26-18:28 Silly job rules and good rules
- 18:28-25:06 Getting Burnt!
- 25:06-31:44 Our injuries
- 31:44-33:25 Machine shop work
- 33:25-37:23 Wedding bands
- 37:23-41:34 Skin, Eyes, and Lungs
- 41:34-43:30 Burning torch classes
- 43:30-45:04 Tacking without a hood
- 45:04-47:50 Flashburn
- 47:50-53:34 2 go in, none come out
- 53:34-55:16 Hey Watch This!
- 55:16-58:07 It's the tooling that will kill you
- 58:07-1:00:19 No possible way that just happen
- 1:00:19-1:02:00 Hoodies
- 1:02:00-1:03:37 What if safety isn't first?
- 1:03:37-1:07:00 Getting too comfortable
- 1:07:00-1:08:22 Cold Saw
- 1:08:22-1:09:23 Jimmy Diresta comfort
- 1:09:23-1:12:03 Cut off wheels on a grinder
- 1:12:03-1:14:03 Paddle v's Slide switch grinders
- 1:14:03-1:15:00 Safety is up to you!
- 1:15:00-1:18:01 Ask for help
- 1:18:01-1:19:52 Reality Check
- 1:19:52-1:21:29 Send us your stories and closing
Where you can find us?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually:
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldors for Weldors so that you can listen to Weldors talk about Welding while you're Welding!