Hi and Thanks for listening to episode 13 of the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast. For this episode we talk with Mike Zanconato from Zanconato Bikes. In this episode we talk about so many valuable things that will help up your game with welding. We hope that you enjoy this podcast as much as we did recording it. Don't forget to subscribe and leave us a comment on your favorite podcast provider. Always great to hear from you! So hit download, pop those earbuds in, drop your hood, and enjoy!
Show Times and Notes
- 0:00-1:15 Introduction
- 1:15-3:30 Starting Machines
- 3:30-5:51 What got Mike into bike building
- 5:51-8:42 Old Boss
- 8:42-10:19 Types of frame materials
- 10:19-11:55 Titanium frame welding
- 11:55-13:01 Purging a frame
- 13:01-14:10 Frame sizes
- 14:10-14:29 When did mike start
- 14:29-16:14 Lincoln Tig School
- 16:14-19:22 Fillet Brazing
- 19:22-27:12 Keys to the Lambo
- 27:12-28:17 Type of wire for 7005
- 28:17-29:58 Don't skip a step and Tolerance
- 29:58-31:38 Frame Fixture
- 31:38-33:10 Purge or Not Purge
- 33:10-37:00 Tig Setup
- 37:00-39:57 Helium?
- 39:57-43:06 Information sharing
- 43:06-51:12 How to Practice
- 51:12-53:35 Instagram
- 53:35-57:28 Marcella Manifolds and Chris Razor
- 57:28-1:00:20 Best advice given to Mike
- 1:00:20-1:02:18 Prep Work
- 1:02:18-1:04:11 ER80D2 or ER70S2
- 1:04:11-1:05:23 Smaller Wire
- 1:05:23-1:08:25 Pulsing or Not
- 1:08:25-1:13:10 Titanium
- 1:13:10-1:17:19 Tungsten Grinders
- 1:17:19-1:19:29 Never know it all
- 1:19:29-1:22:52 Feature
- 1:22:52-1:26:20 Tungsten Wars
- 1:26:20-1:27:19 Where can you find Mike?
- 1:27:19-1:30:10 Closing
Where Can You Find Mike?
Where you can find us?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldors for Weldors so that you can listen to Weldors talk about Welding while you're Welding!