Hi and Thanks for listening to the episode 19 of the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast. For this episode we had the pleasure of talking with Rory May also known as Dirty Smith. We had a great time chatting with Rory about the art of being a Blacksmith. To us this was a very interesting because we're all metal workers but a Blacksmith is a true metal worker. So hit download on your favorite podcast platform, pop those earbuds in, hit play, drop your hood, and enjoy.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform and leave us a comment. It really helps us out in the ranking on iTunes! Our goal, with your help, is to be the best educational podcast for the trades on all platforms. We really appreciate all the support we have been getting and it helps us keep moving for with this podcast!
Like what you hear? Would you like to help support the Welding Tips & Tricks Podcast? We now have a page over on Patreon. You can be Patron of our podcast at many levels and rewards for those levels. The three of us love helping the welding community but there are costs involved in producing it. Go over to www.patreon.com/weldingtipsandtrickspodcast and become one of our Patrons. Every dollar helps and we sincerely appreciate it.
Jonathan, Roy and Jody
Show Times and Notes
- 0:00-0:42 Introduction
- 0:42-1:36 Starting something new
- 1:36-6:37 How Rory got started
- 6:37-7:16 Wrong direction
- 7:16-10:51 Forge welding
- 10:51-12:47 Mixed gas forge?
- 12:47-14:57 Flux
- 14:57-17:35 What if we try this
- 17:35-19:58 What do you make?
- 19:58-21:52 Solid bronze
- 21:52-25:19 Aluminum
- 25:19-27:20 Starting a job
- 27:20-29:17 Jimmy Diresta
- 29:17-31:03 Make it all?
- 31:03-34:12 The math
- 34:12-35:57 Thinking differently
- 35:57-38:37 5 hour
- 38:37-40:51 What to start with
- 40:51-43:09 Starter tools
- 43:09-46:25 Making tools and Materials
- 46:25-50:43 Power Hammer and Heat treating
- 50:43-55:27 Favorite type of work?
- 55:27-56:58 Tell me how to
- 56:58-1:01:35 YouTube
- 1:01:35-1:05:46 Someones Got to Do It
- 1:05:46-1:06:39 Shout out to Mike
- 1:06:39-1:12:30 Getting started
- 1:12:30-1:16:57 The Forge Weld Podcast
- 1:16:57-1:18:48 Making It Podcast
- 1:18:48-1:21:47 Best advise
- 1:21:47-1:23:37 Where can you find Rory?
- 1:23:37-1:24:59 Closing
Where can you find Rory?
Where can you find Us?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
Podcast music can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UyYZ85Tiw Doctor Vox -Endgames Royalty Free Download
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldors for Weldors so that you can listen to Weldors talk about Welding while you're Welding!