Hi and thanks for listening to the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast. This is episode 2 and the topic is Weld Tests. We thought that since you generally start a welding job with a weld test we'd have our first topic on this podcast be just that. We discuss welding tests we've given and tests we've taken. We hope that for the experienced weldors you can relate to our stories, and for the new guys you get a better feel for what's to come at your first test. Below you will find the times for this podcast and other information. Thanks again and enjoy!
Show Note Times
- 0:00-0:35 Intro
- 0:35-2:25 Jody's first test
- 2:25-3:40 Fake till you make it
- 3:40-4:35 Jonathan's company tests
- 4:35-5:11 Roy's Mig Test
- 5:11-6:13 Official weld test
- 6:13-8:04 Jonathan's most challenging weld test
- 8:04-11:16 Jody's most challenging weld test
- 11:16-14:15 Roy's most challenging weld test
- 14:15-19:23 Weld test fails
- 19:23-24:47 Weld test we've given
- 24:47-25:23 Weld test statement retraction
- 25:23-32:15 What to bring to a job weld test
- 32:15-33:21 "That's just the way we've always done it"
- 33:21-34:51 Final thoughts and Closing
Where can you find us at?
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Need a Stubby Gas Lens Kit?
"Want to shrink your 17/26 torch down to a manageable size and still maintain great gas coverage? I highly recommend a Stubby Gas Lens Kit from weldmonger.com. Before I was using the giant gas lens' and while that is fine for some projects I was running into projects where the standard set up was not fitting inside a part of was just cumbersome to use. The Stubby Gas Lens Kit shrinks the 17/26 torch down to a usable size. These are also a gas lens so you will get better coverage over a standard cup." -Jonathan Lewis
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldor's for Weldor's so that you can listen to Welding talk while you're Welding!