Hi and Thanks for listening to episode 25 of the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast! For this guest episode we had the pleasure of talking with Cody Swinehart from Quarter Tilt Kreations. Cody dropped a whole bunch of great information about how he started his business and great things to think about if you want to start or grow your own business. This one is a long on so buckle up and Enjoy!
For 50 years, CK Worldwide has brought more innovations to TIG welding equipment than any other manufacturer. With more patents on product design and improvements than anyone else, CK Worldwide is 'THE STANDARD IN TIG WELDING.' www.ckworldwide.com
Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast Patreon Page
We also would like to take a moment and thank those who support the show on Patreon. Each Patron helps keep the show going and allows us to publish each and every week. If you would like to support the show, in any dollar amount, head over to www.patreon.com/weldingtipsandtrickspodcast. Everyone there is greatly appreciated. This months top supporters of the show are Philip Kaminski and ."
Joseph "SudaFed" Suder Memorial
Us here at the podcast want to thank everyone of you that helped out if the Go Fund Me page for Joel's buddy Joseph! Any and every amount was amazing! Thank you all so much!
- 0:00-1:00 Introduction/CK Worldwide sponsorship
- 1:01-5:01 Social Media names
- 5:02-8:30 FABTECH 2016
- 8:31-18:30 Industry changing?
- 18:31-20:02 After Instagram?
- 20:03-22:45 Power of social media
- 22:46-25:28 Small meet ups/Weldcon
- 25:29-27:00 Can you cope tubing and and make money?
- 27:01-32:12 Cody's beginnings
- 32:13-33:56 Two jobs
- 33:57-35:36 First TIG welder
- 35:37-36:36 Dependable and consistent tools
- 36:37-39:42 Cody's Miller machines
- 39:43-41:30 Beginner machines
- 41:31-44:10 Beginning shop
- 44:11-47:30 Learning on their dime
- 47:31-57:10 Custom fixture table
- 57:11-1:01:21 It set me forward
- 1:01:22-1:10:20 CNC technology
- 1:10:21-1:14:30 Adding pizzazz
- 1:14:31-1:19:30 Business sense
- 1:19:31-1:27:57 Running our businesses
- 1:27:58-1:29:30 Don't burn bridges
- 1:29:31-1:33:00 Filler comparison
- 1:33:01-1:44:10 Welding tubing
- 1:44:11-1:53:18 Staying in business
- 1:53:19-1:58:00 Future equipment for shop
- 1:58:01-2:01:33 FABTECH 2017
- 2:01:34-2:09:50 Outliers
- 2:09:51-2:13:44 Be OK with mistakes
- 2:13:45-2:17:48 Closing remarks
Where can you find Cody?
Where can you find Us?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Interested in weld purging equipment as discussed in this show? Head over to superiorweldandfabsupply.com to check out our complete selection of weld purging tools to help you make those perfect welds.
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldors for Weldors so that you can listen to Weldors talk about Welding while you're Welding!
New music brought to you by Jody's son Jake!