Hi and Thank you for listening to episode 29 of the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast. For this episode we thought it would be fun to talk about our mistakes we've made or seen and how we dealt with them. Lets face it we're all human and we all make mistakes. So download, pop those earbuds in, hit play, drop your hood, and Enjoy!
Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast Patreon Page
We also would like to take a moment and thank those who support the show on Patreon. Each Patron helps keep the show going and allows us to publish each and every week. If you would like to support the show, in any dollar amount, head over to www.patreon.com/weldingtipsandtrickspodcast. Everyone there is greatly appreciated. This months top supporters of the show are Philip Kaminski, Scott Silva, and .
Show Notes and Times
- 0:00-0:37 Intro
- 0:38-4:13 Jonathan's mistake
- 4:14-6:26 Count your parts
- 6:27-7:22 Wrong filler material
- 7:23-8:40 Anodized aluminum
- 8:41-11:20 Wrong flag tag
- 11:21-14:30 Any secondary processes?
- 14:31-16:35 If it's wrong, stop
- 16:36-19:29 Rejected parts
- 19:30-21:34 Boat top wrong
- 21:35-22:50 Mistake trophy
- 22:51-26:20 You bought the job
- 26:21-28:02 When to reject parts
- 28:03-30:20 The $100,000 mistake
- 30:21-31:05 #relaxitsonlymetal
- 31:06-34:50 I did it backwards
- 34:51-35:33 Mistakes worth their weight in gold
- 35:34-37:54 Hiding your mistakes
- 37:55-40:33 Double check everything
- 40:34-45:27 Slug welding
- 45:28-48:24 Using the wrong base metal
- 48:25-50:18 Cheat on plug
- 50:19-58:26 Bondo in undercut?
- 58:27-1:01:21 Regulator full of coolant
- 1:01:22-1:03:36 Tools break, turntables get dropped
- 1:03:37-1:05:18 TIG torch burned up
- 1:05:19-1:07:33 Take your medicine
- 1:07:34-1:08:44 Be up front
- 1:08:45-1:10:03 You know it's wrong, move on
- 1:10:04-1:13:13 Communication is key
- 1:13:14-1:15:35 Wrapping it up
Where can you find Us?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Interested in weld purging equipment as discussed in this show? Head over to superiorweldandfabsupply.com to check out our complete selection of weld purging tools to help you make those perfect welds.
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldors for Weldors so that you can listen to Weldors talk about Welding while you're Welding!
New music brought to you by Jody's son Jake!