Hi and Thank you for listening to episode 30 of the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast. For this episode we had a great time chatting with Chris Mcquay from Unobtainium Welding. We talked all about welding titanium and few great tips for running a small business. So Download, pop those earbuds in, hit play, drop your hood, and Enjoy!
Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast Patreon Page
We also would like to take a moment and thank those who support the show on Patreon. Each Patron helps keep the show going and allows us to publish each and every week. If you would like to support the show, in any dollar amount, head over to www.patreon.com/weldingtipsandtrickspodcast. Everyone there is greatly appreciated. This months top supporters of the show are Philip Kaminski, Scott Silva, and .
Show Notes and Times
- 0:00-0:34 Introduction
- 0:34-4:00 Getting to know Chris
- 4:00-4:55 What They Do
- 4:55-7:51 Welding Inconel
- 7:51-8:15 Pac-Man
- 8:15-11:59 How Chris got started
- 11:59-13:35 Try Different Stuff
- 13:35-19:03 Red Seal Ticket
- 19:03-23:54 Consulting
- 23:54-28:32 Training Classes
- 28:32-36:45 Why Titanium
- 36:45-40:23 Why Inconel
- 40:23-41:26 Shop Cross Contamination
- 41:26-43:38 Shop Tables
- 43:38-45:14 Tools of the Trade
- 45:14-49:30 Cleaning prep on Titanium
- 49:30-50:49 Fitting
- 50:49-59:15 Purging
- 59:15-1:00:50 Purging Setup
- 1:00:50-1:02:14 Don't be Cheap
- 1:02:14-1:10:20 Best Advise
- 1:10:20-1:19:40 Other Materials
- 1:19:40-1:23:02 Pulsing, Purging, and Testing
- 1:23:02-1:25:13 Cost of Purging
- 1:25:13-1:26:53 Name of Unobtainium Welding
- 1:26:53-1:31:31 Favorite Work
- 1:31:31-1:33:22 Worst Work
- 1:33:22-1:36:45 Check Customer Test
- 1:36:45-1:41:08 Outside of work fun
- 1:41:08-1:47:08 Gas Welding
- 1:47:08-1:59:37 Wrapping it up
- 1:59:37-2:01:19 Closing
Where can you find Chris?
Where can you find Us?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Interested in weld purging equipment as discussed in this show? Head over to superiorweldandfabsupply.com to check out our complete selection of weld purging tools to help you make those perfect welds.
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldors for Weldors so that you can listen to Weldors talk about Welding while you're Welding!
New music brought to you by Jody's son Jake!