Hi and thank you for listening to the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast episode 7. For this podcast we were able to catch up with Joel Buschmann to ask him a few questions about his life from a snotty nosed college kid to starting his business Overkill Racing and Chassis. We had a lot of fun talking with Joel and we think that you'll enjoy hearing his story of life altering decisions that may inspire you to follow your dreams, as he did. So download this episode, put those earbuds in, drop your hood, and enjoy!
Show Note and Times:
- 0:00 - 0:32 Intro
- 0:32 - 3:16 What does Joel build
- 3:16 - 4:16 Mig or Tig
- 4:16 - 6:33 Frame repairs
- 6:33 - 9:00 Heat treating Chromolly
- 9:00 - 10:45 Wire for Chromolly
- 10:45 - 12:30 Hastelloy with repair
- 12:30 - 14:17 Physics
- 14:17 - 15:18 What machines are you running
- 15:18 - 18:35 Air cooled/Water cooled
- 18:35 - 32:07 Joel's backstory
- 32:07 - 33:22 Searching Mig Welding online
- 33:22 - 34:52 José Gomez @lostartforge
- 34:52 - 35:40 Quick study
- 35:40 - 36:32 The original Mig welding video
- 36:32 - 38:00 Perfect practice makes perfect
- 38:00 - 43:40 Tungsten grinder and prep
- 43:40 - 48:15 Types of tungsten
- 48:15 - 49:25 Help code
- 49:25 - 54:45 Approaching a new truck
- 54:45 - 58:36 What got you on Instagram
- 58:36 - 59:24 WT&T App #sharemyweld
- 59:24 - 1:01:38 4th grader asking a 5th grader
- 1:01:38 - 1:02:20 Future social media
- 1:02:20 - 1:04:01 Fabtech shot
- 1:04:01 - 1:04:30 @frankfleurquin
- 1:04:30 - 1:09:15 Joel's best advise
- 1:09:15 - 1:10:36 PH.D.
- 1:10:36 - 1:13:00 Physics
- 1:13:00 - 1:13:43 Information age
- 1:13:43 - 1:19:17 Thanks Joel and closing
Where you can fine Joel?
You can find Joel on Instagram @overkillracingandchassis
On the web at www.overkillchassis.com
Where can you find us at?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldor's for Weldor's so that you can listen to Weldor's talk about Welding while you're Welding!