Hi and Thanks for listening to the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast episode 8. We wanted to answer some of your questions so we posted a photo on Instagram asking you, our listeners, to post questions in the comments. The listeners came through with flying colors. We had way more than what we could get to so we picked a few to discuss. We had a lot of fun talking about these questions and are looking forward to doing this again. So download, put those earbuds in, drop the hood, and enjoy!
Show Notes and Times:
- 0:00-0:28 Introduction
- 0:28-1:46 Hurricane weather
- 1:46-8:02 Our wives
- 8:02-11:28 Best gear to have to start
- 11:28-12:23 Get it up off the floor
- 12:23-13:53 Welding gas tanks
- 13:53-14:38 Do what you need to do
- 14:38-15:35 Outfit your shop as needed
- 15:35-16:18 Reinvest into you company
- 16:18-17:25 Jonathan's startup shop
- 17:25-19:07 Type of welder to get?
- 19:07-22:22 Taking out a loan?
- 22:22-23:15 Skin in the game
- 23:15-24:48 Buy a welder you can afford
- 24:48-28:30 New equipment we'd like
- 28:30-30:30 Portable/Stowable welding table
- 30:30-31:20 Storage
- 31:20-32:45 Make a table
- 32:45-34:00 Taking a class?
- 34:00-39:40 Schools focusing more on fabrication
- 39:40-41:39 Blueprints
- 41:39-42:23 Engineers
- 42:23-44:15 Local Career Center
- 44:15-46:00 Manning the job
- 46:00-46:56 The Fab School
- 46:56-48:25 Always learn!
- 48:25-50:43 Use wood fixturing
- 50:43-58:21 Respirators for welding and grinding
- 58:21-59:02 Weldor be aware
- 59:02-59:47 Thanks everyone for questions
- 59:47-1:01:00 Closing
Links to what we talked about
James F. Lincoln Foundation
3m 6500 Half Face Piece
2097 Pink Filters
6000 series Full Face Respirator
Where can you find us at?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldor's for Weldor's so that you can listen to Weldor's talk about Welding while you're Welding!