Hi and Thank you for listening to the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast. This is episode 9 and we have Rush Kane as our guest. We get to know Rush a bit more than the the photos we see on Instagram by hearing about what got him into welding and some of the special tools he has up his sleeve. If you haven't heard of @KaneKid we strongly recommend you go check his page out while you listen to this podcast. Hope you learn a few things from this interview because we know we sure did! So go ahead download, pop those earbuds in, drop that hood, and Enjoy!
Show Times and Notes
- 0:00-0:35 Introduction
- 0:35-1:30 Active Gas
- 1:30-4:30 4047 Tig Rod
- 4:30-6:23 Helium Mix?
- 6:23-8:22 Flame off the torch from hydrogen
- 8:22-10:11 Water cooled fixture
- 10:11-11:02 What kind of chiller?
- 11:02-12:15 Controlled Shrinkage
- 12:15-13:23 Corner Fixture
- 13:23-16:45 Rush's back story
- 16:45-19:54 Tungsten preparation
- 19:54-21:00 What machine are you using?
- 21:00-21:52 Amps for .006 wall tubing
- 21:52-23:12 Scratching your tungsten
- 23:12-24:15 Jonathan's Cup
- 24:15-24:45 Industry Rush works in?
- 24:45-26:46 Hand rolling tubes
- 26:46-27:59 Sunk in welds?
- 27:59-29:40 Welds live on on Instagram
- 29:40-33:05 Rush's original jewelry
- 33:05-34:44 Feeding wire
- 34:44-35:45 Torch cushion
- 35:45-38:08 Helium testing parts
- 38:08-38:45 Job stress
- 38:45-38:59 Surface preparation
- 38:59-41:20 Worst type of work?
- 41:20-43:40 Hand slider
- 43:40-45:15 MTV Bike welding project
- 45:15-47:35 Struggle with the welding
- 47:35-48:50 Unlimited amounts of continuous improvement
- 48:50-51:04 Side puddle feeding wire
- 51:04-52:04 Size of filler wire
- 52:04-53:23 Outside of work fun
- 53:23-54:15 Thanks Rush for being on
- 54:15-54:54 Closing
Where can you find Rush Kane?
Where you can find us?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldors for Weldors so that you can listen to Weldors talk about Welding while you're Welding!