Hi and Thanks for listening to episode 21 of the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast. For this episode we had a fun chat with JD Brewer or @apexish on Instagram. If you follow Jody on you have seen JD! If you're thinking of stepping out on your own this will be a great episode for you. So download, pop those earbuds in, hit play, drop that hood, and enjoy.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform and leave us a comment. It really helps us out in the ranking on iTunes! Our goal, with your help, is to be the best educational podcast for the trades on all platforms. We really appreciate all the support we have been getting and it helps us keep moving for with this podcast!
Show Notes and Time Like what you hear? Would you like to help support the Welding Tips & Tricks Podcast? We now have a page over on Patreon. You can be Patron of our podcast at many levels and rewards for those levels. The three of us love helping the welding community but there are costs involved in producing it. Go over to www.patreon.com/weldingtipsandtrickspodcast and become one of our Patrons. Every dollar helps and we sincerely appreciate it. Our top Patron supporter this month is Philip Kaminski!
Jonathan, Roy and Jody
- 0:00-1:17 Introduction
- 1:17-2:10 Who is JD?
- 2:10-7:36 JD's back story
- 7:36-9:02 Change the Norm
- 9:02-12:28 Invest in yourself
- 12:28-15:32 Type of work at Apex
- 15:32-17:00 Snowball effect
- 17:00-17:43 Mezzanine
- 17:43-21:38 Rig Equipment and MP210
- 21:38-24:47 Dual shield Fluxcore
- 24:47-27:44 What is Dual shield?
- 27:44-31:01 Stepping out on your own equipment
- 31:01-33:03 You don't know what you'll get
- 33:03-35:09 Get Started
- 35:09-35:53 Favorite type of work
- 35:53-38:41 Shop Gantry Crane
- 38:41-46:08 Metabo
- 46:11-55:11 Cost for different cutting processes
- 55:11-59:30 Fewer steps
- 59:30-1:04:35 PlasmaCAM
- 1:04:35-1:07:41 Saving time = Better bottom line
- 1:07:41-1:10:40 Best advise
- 1:10:40-1:14:32 Bad Day
- 1:14:32-1:20:09 Evoluation Dry Cut Saw
- 1:20:09-1:22:11 Summarizing
- 1:22:11-1:24:23 The Feeling
- 1:24:23-1:24:56 Getting a hold of JD
- 1:24:56-1:27:43 Closing
Where can you find JD?
Where can you find Us?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldors for Weldors so that you can listen to Weldors talk about Welding while you're Welding!
Podcast music can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UyYZ85Tiw Doctor Vox -Endgames Royalty Free Download