Hi and thanks for listening to episode 4 of the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast. This episode we wanted to touch base about what are some good tools to have on hand when you start a job. We thought it would be a good continuation from the last topic pertaining to weld tests and landing your job. Hopefully, this will help any of you new guys answer the question of where do I start with what tools to have on hand or starting a good toolbox for the different job fields we've personally experienced. Thanks again for listening and enjoy the show!
Show Note Times:
- 0:00-0:44 Introduction
- 0:44-1:18 Jody's thoughts
- 1:18-3:25 In Jonathan's line of work
- 3:25-5:36 Find out what tools you need
- 5:36-7:47 Roy's thoughts
- 7:47-8:10 Borrowing Tools
- 8:10-9:00 Having you own grinder in the ad for a job
- 9:00-9:58 Where we are in the USA
- 9:58-12:45 Required tool list
- 12:45-13:44 What type of work Jonathan does for his day job
- 13:44-14:20 Investing into your future
- 14:20-15:38 Big tools in Jonathan's box at work
- 15:38-17:04 Having the right tools for your job
- 17:04-20:00 Cheaper tools vs. Higher quality tools
- 20:00-22:45 Providing a company with tools?
- 22:45-23:17 Painting/Marking your tools
- 23:17-23:49 I have too many clamps said no Weldor
- 23:49-26:54 Used tools
- 26:54-30:47 Ace in the hole tool
- 30:47-32:15 Homemade hammers
- 32:15-32:55 Make it bigger
- 32:55-35:00 Final thoughts and Closing
Where can you find us at?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldor's for Weldor's so that you can listen to Weldor's talk about Welding while you're Welding!