Hi and Thank you for listening to episode 20 of the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast. This this episode we wanted to talk about Pulse welding with Tig. We discuss what all those settings mean, where it's useful, and our thoughts on pulse welding. So hit download, pop those earbuds in, hit play, drop your hood, and enjoy!
Remember to subscribe to the podcast on your favorite platform and leave us a comment. It really helps us out in the ranking on iTunes! Our goal, with your help, is to be the best educational podcast for the trades on all platforms. We really appreciate all the support we have been getting and it helps us keep moving for with this podcast!
Show Notes and Times Like what you hear? Would you like to help support the Welding Tips & Tricks Podcast? We now have a page over on Patreon. You can be Patron of our podcast at many levels and rewards for those levels. The three of us love helping the welding community but there are costs involved in producing it. Go over to www.patreon.com/weldingtipsandtrickspodcast and become one of our Patrons. Every dollar helps and we sincerely appreciate it. Our top Patron supporter this month is Dave Horvath!
Jonathan, Roy and Jody
- 0:00-1:55 Introduction
- 1:55-5:57 Good times to use pulse
- 5:57-7:21 Rhythm
- 7:21-9:05 A Crutch?
- 9:05-10:25 Decisions
- 10:25-11:41 Effects of the puddle
- 11:41-14:33 What do the settings mean
- 14:33-15:37 Tig Perfect
- 15:37-17:38 How to think about a wave form
- 17:38-19:18 Tig Perfect wave form
- 19:18-21:14 1 pps training
- 21:14-22:21 Turn table pulsing
- 22:21-25:39 Why pump the pedal?
- 25:39-28:52 Setting the amps to pulse
- 28:52-34:13 Setting to start with pulse
- 34:13-36:28 High speed pulsing
- 36:28-37:40 Bad settings
- 37:40-38:37 Automated pulsing
- 38:37-43:38 Orbital Welding
- 43:38-45:30 Annoying frequency settings
- 45:30-48:12 Making a difference on a test
- 48:12-52:40 Going full circle
- 52:40-58:11 Write it down!
- 58:11-1:00:31 Pin point an arc with Tig Perfect
- 1:00:31-1:01:40 Can be noisy
- 1:01:40-1:03:29 Edge beads
- 1:03:29-1:06:24 Wrapping it up
- 1:06:24-1:07:32 Closing
Where can you find Us?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldors for Weldors so that you can listen to Weldors talk about Welding while you're Welding!
Podcast music can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UyYZ85Tiw Doctor Vox -Endgames