Hi and Thanks for listening to the Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast. For episode 5 we were going to be interviewing Joel Bushmann, but he had a few rush things come up and couldn't make it. Which was completely fine and we understand that jobs come first! We reached out to Isaac Carrion, ICWeld on Instagram, last minute and he was happy to join in. This interview was a lot of fun to record and we hope that you enjoy it just as much, so download, put in those earbuds, and drop your hood!
Show Notes and Times:
- 0:00-0:53 Introduction
- 0:53-3:35 What is Isaac's normal day
- 3:35-4:14 More than just a weldor
- 4:14-4:54 Radius of work
- 4:54-5:37 How Isaac got into welding
- 5:37-10:26 Heavy equipment repair
- 10:26-15:48 What is Arc Gouging?
- 15:48-17:14 What machines are you using?
- 17:14-19:00 Faults in heavy equipment designs
- 19:00-21:54 Biggest Stresses
- 21:54-23:30 Keeping it running
- 23:30-25:28 7018 EPA question
- 25:28-26:19 Big materials = Big Rod or does it?
- 26:19-27:47 Chasing a crack
- 27:47-28:44 Not always proper
- 28:44-29:30 It lasted for years
- 29:30-30:07 Helping the next generation of weldors
- 30:07-31:00 Favorite type of work
- 31:00-32:11 Worst calls for repairs
- 32:11-33:13 Just don't shake
- 33:13-35:41 Clean the tip!
- 35:41-36:22 Push or Pull while cutting?
- 32:22-37:15 Certifications
- 37:15-38:26 Best advice in general
- 38:26-39:49 Best advice given to Isaac
- 39:49-40:54 What got you onto Instagram
- 40:54-41:45 Where can you find Isaac
- 41:45:43:22 Closing and Thanks Isaac
Where you can find more about Isaac Carrion
You can find Isaac on Instagram @ICWeld
Where can you find us at?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldor's for Weldor's so that you can listen to Weldor's talk about Welding while you're Welding!