Hi and Thank you for listening to Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast Episode 6. We have been asked a few times to do a topic on pricing of jobs, so we thought we would go ahead and share our experiences. We talk about our experiences and how we like to price jobs. There's many different ways to price jobs and how to run your company, this is just how we have done it. So download, put those earbuds in, drop your hood, and Enjoy!
Show Times and Notes:
- 0:00-0:40 Introduction
- 0:40-3:46 Working smarter
- 3:46-6:30 Name of the Game
- 6:30-11:10 Net 75
- 11:10-13:05 Cash Flow
- 13:05-15:30 Minimal up front cost jobs
- 15:30-17:00 Tolerances can make or break a job
- 17:00-20:35 Customer communication
20:35-24:33 Large part tolerances
- 24:33-25:35 Fudge Factor
- 25:35-27:01 Thinking you're friends
- 27:01-28:19 No Print = No Quote
- 28:19-29:25 Sometimes you need to say No
- 29:25-33:30 Hourly rate/ Piece work/ Day rate
- 33:30-34:13 You will be working for $1.00 per hour
- 34:13-36:06 John Grimsmo Rule of Pi
- 36:06-39:02 It's not the jobs you get that make your life miserable
- 39:02-48:00 Instagram comment question answer
- 48:00-57:04 How we price our jobs
- 57:04-58:47 No one size fits all
- 58:47-1:01:48 Charge for rush jobs
- 1:01:48-1:03:16 Different rates for different work
- 1:03:16-1:07:10 Taxes
- 1:07:10-1:10:23 You are a real company!
- 1:10:23-1:12:25 Garage Shops
- 1:12:25-1:15:06 The right customers for you
- 1:15:06-1:18:25 Purchase orders
- 1:18:25-1:19:17 Closing and Thank You
Where can you find us at?
You can email Welding Tips and Tricks Podcast directly at WeldingTipsandTricksPodcast@gmail.com.
We would really like to hear your thoughts about this podcast and what would make it better for you, the listener. Please leave us any questions that you would like to hear about welding, or questions you'd like to know about ourselves and future guests.
Give us a Call
You can also now call and leave us a voicemail!
How to reach us individually
Welding Tips and Tricks on Youtube
@Weldmonger on Instagram
@Superiorwelding on Instagram
Superiorwelding on Youtube
@CrummyWelding on Instagram
Where can you find a Tig Finger?
You can find Tig fingers and other great welding supplies, like stubby gas lens kits, here at this link http://weldmongerstore.com/. All of which are great tools to have in your job toolbox and also your home shop box.
This Podcast has been brought to you by Weldor's for Weldor's so that you can listen to Weldor's talk about Welding while you're Welding!